Auction Rules & Regulations
RMHC Bidder Registration
- All bidders must register at RMHC.CBO.IO to receive a bidder number for access to the online auction. Registration is necessary only once. The bidder number you receive can be used to log back into the site. Your phone number or email will also work if bidder number is forgotten.
- Bidders must use this bidder number for their bid to be valid or to check the status of your bids.
Online Auction Bidding and Prize Drawings
- All bids will be final at 6:00 p.m. HST on Sunday, November 26, 2023, no exceptions.
- Once registered, notifications and alerts will be sent out. If you have been outbid, you will be given the opportunity to bid again.
- If viewing on a mobile device, use Menu to select categories for ease in viewing.
- The My Items button will let you follow your bids and those you are keeping a watch on.
- In addition to the Online Auction Items, we will have PRIZE DRAWINGS. 5 tickets can be purchased for $50, 15 tickets for $100 and 40 tickets for $200. All ticket(s) will be put into the Lucky Prize Drawing selected when purchasing tickets - they cannot be dispersed between multiple items.
- The GOLDEN TICKET can be purchased for an additional $100 each. Only 100 are available. It will be the FIRST ticket randomly drawn. The winner will then have the FIRST opportunity to select one of the PRIZE DRAWINGS. Winner will be notified Monday, November 27, 2023 to make their selection.
- Once the GOLDEN TICKET winner has selected their choice of a prize, the remaining prizes will each have a random ticket pulled from tickets entered for that drawing. All winners will be notified Tuesday, November 28, 2023.
Silent Auction Rules
- All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds with RMHC Hawaii or donor. All items are “as is.” Ronald McDonald House Charities/Donors/Volunteers have attempted to describe items correctly, but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made on bidding platform, or made orally at the auction or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
- The auction item value listed is an estimate of fair market value provided by donor. Items have not been appraised unless so noted. The amount you pay above this fair market value estimate is normally tax-deductible as a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax adviser to clarify amount of deduction.
- Restaurant certificates do not include alcohol, tax, or gratuities unless specified.
- Unless otherwise specified, all auction gift certificates must be used within one year of the date of the auction (see certificate and rules); no extensions, please.
- Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising indirectly from RMHC Hawaii, their members and employees, the event organizers, sponsors, and/or volunteers connected with the auction.
- Please enter your credit card information upon registration. RMHC Hawaii accepts MasterCard, Visa, or AMEX.
- Auction items will be combined if multiple items were bid on, and processed in one transaction.
- Please check out at the conclusion of the auction. Payment for items purchased must be made in full on the night of the auction, Sunday November 26, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. HST. RMHC Hawaii accepts MasterCard, Visa, or AMEX.
- We will process payments on Monday, November 27, 2023 with the credit card provided for winning bidders who have not completed the checkout process. If a credit card is not valid, you will be contacted to complete your purchase.
- Following payment, you may pick up your purchases at the Ronald McDonald Oahu Avenue House in Manoa on Thursday, November 30, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., or Saturday, December 2, 2023, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You will be contacted by email to schedule a pick-up date. Please contact Lisa@rmhchawaii.org or (808) 892-1902 for questions and information.
- There will be a $6 shipping and handling charge for jewelry and gift certificates per postal address for Neighbor Island and Mainland delivery. Additional shipping and handling charges will be applied for larger items.
- Any item left unclaimed, after 60 days, will be sold and proceeds will go to Ronald McDonald House Charities Hawaii.